How much do you know about condoms? Take our true or false quiz and see if you know all there is to know about the wonderful invention of the condom!
1. You can't use water-based lube with condoms
2. Condoms are usually made of latex
3. In Germany there is a condom brand called "Dickhärden"
4. Condoms protect against all sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
5. The first televised condom advert was in 1985
6. The Nigerian slang term for condoms ‘okpuamu’, means ‘penis hat’
7. Condoms have a use-by date on the packaging
8. The world's largest condom for retail is 12 inches long
9. When it comes to HIV,using a condom makes sex 10,000 times safer than not using a condom
10. There is a gravy flavoured condom available for sale in the UK
So how did you do? Find out below...
1. False! You can use water-based lube and silicone-based lube with condoms but you shouldn't use oil-based lube, as oil erodes latex.
2. True! Most condoms are made of latex, but you can get latex-free versions.
3. False! We just made that up!
4. False! Condoms are your best defence against STIs, but some (like genital warts and genital herpes) can be spread by skin-to-skin contact in areas where a condom might not cover.
5. False! It was actually in 1975 and was an advert by Trojan.
6. True! Early rubber condoms used to only cover the glans or ‘head’ of the penis, which is thought to be where the term came from.
7. True! So make sure they're still in date when you use them; out of date condoms are more likely to break.
8. False! It's actually 9.45 inches long, with a girth of up to 8 inches (not far off the circumference of a Pringle can), made by Theyfit.
10. False! No gravy flavoured condoms currently exist in the UK.